Friday, January 27, 2012

Thailand: Krabi Town - Pak-Up Hostel Review

I suppose to write the island hopping tour in Phuket but i decided to skip that. We just got the tour in hotel and pack ourselves into a van to pier, pier on speedboat, and being dumped into few snorkeling points like everyone did, i didn't see shark nor whale, so no point posting. 

Ok, i just malas to choose photo blerrrrrrrrrrrrrrk!

I decided to post on my Krabi trip, aka my birthday solo trip.

Like i mentioned in my previous post, i visited thailand for 3 times in 3 months, the last trip among the 3 was Krabi town -> Koh Lanta -> Ao Nang, and this is the gift for myself in my 25 year old birthday.


I traveled  Krabi town, Ao Nang and Koh Lanta

Ao Nang is near from Krabi Airport, so i choose Krabi town to be my first stop and Ao Nang to be my last, i went to Koh Lanta for 3d2n, thought that is a quiet island like Koh Lipe but i was wrong, will post the detail later.

There are bus and van transfer with cheap price from Krabi Airport to Krabi town or Ao Nang, just get the bus ticket in the counter located in the lobby of the airport (you cant miss it, the airport is small). 

Argg, can i post that in the next post? I wanna make this as hostel review post. 

I choose Pak-Up hostel in Krabi town after research, there are a lot of cheap hostel around the town and Pak-Up is one of the most developed, i choose it just because of the located. 5 to 10 minutes walking distance from the bus station, restaurant and hawker stall just down the street. 

I booked 10 beds mix dorm with the price of rm20+-, come with towel (with deposit), shampoo, body shampoo provided, which i never expected.  

Pak-Up Hostel. Walk out from the bus station, turn left and walk for 5 to 10 minutes then you will see this. Or ask anyone, this is one of the land mark.

I got 2nd floor, nice street view.

the living room, rental desktop for internet and drinks are available.

They named the room weird, i stayed in Thai room.

big bright room with air-con.

And they named the bed with places of Thailand, you can choose the place / bed you like.


Big locker that fit a backpack for every beds are avaible, just bring your own lock.

I choose Hua Hin which near to the window.

View from my bed.

Clean bed sheet, thick blacket and towel offer free, what you ask for more with this price?

Every bed with own power point and lamp.

My bed view. LOL

I spend haf day laying on bed and looking at the street, this is vocation and i wanted.

If my memory serve me right, there are private room ensuit available in this hostel. I used to love staying in warm cozy family run hostel, because that more feel like in home, but stay in big organized hostels are good to meet more people, especially for short stay.

I remembered when i was in London, i was the only asian girl stay in 16 beds mix dorm, and that experience freak me out, and since that i avoid to stay in big backpacker hostels.

Then i traveled to NZ and change my place to sleep almost every week, rare to meet girl who willing to stay in mix dorm, and i'm the exception, because of money, haha.

But staying in big dorm mean you got the chance to meet more people. Surprisingly i met 4 girls staying in the same room with me in Pak-up and we had very nice chat and travel experience sharing, this cheer me the most.

Ok back to Pak-Up. There is a roof top in Pak Up, the host organize party on and off, you can go up and catch some view of the city anytime. A laundry and restaurant cum pub just right behide the hostel, running by the host but i never dine there, i guess that is western food for western traveller.

Every flood come with clean and big share bathrooms and toilets, with shampoo and body shampoo provided. But this doesn't really impress me, all i remember is the door sign.

Gent

Lady


Cute right?! Hehehe.

I like this backpacker for handy (the main street and restaurant within walking distance) and clean, but the staff not really helpful. 

I booked the bed by Hostelworld.com and paid 10% deposit, but the hostel claim that they didn't got the 10%, i forced make full payment. I don't really mind the 10%, which is cost like rm2, but the hostel should have better communicate with the website. 

Anyway, if you just stay for 2 or 3 nights with limited budget, this is good choice.

Lastly, i start this blog like 4 years ago, and i don't remember why i start writing with English instead of Chinese, probably i wanted to practise more because i know my English is sucks. 

I know i might not improve much but hey, at least i keep trying all these year. If my English hurt your eye you can actually leave it. Afterall, this is my place, i told you in the headline, isn't it? 

I proud with myself that i NEVER insult some Chinese that cannot speak or read Chinese well, i understand that might beyond their control in choosing their first language. 

My English is sucks, but i'm proud that at least i'm keep learning.

My English is sucks, but i still travelling like no bordering.  

And you? 

=)   
Oh, and thanks for whoever that sick with my English, but still following my blog like my die-hard fans.






Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
20120127, 0154pm
Rach in proud to blog in working hour time :P mood.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sbipk, i have been Phuket before Krabi trip. Yea Phuket is good for party person, i still prefer quiet peaceful town like Krabi town. Hope you enjoy your trip too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ni hao... hey friend.. I will be there(pakUp Hostel) at 24 January 2013.... Ur review hostel is very good n I cant wait to make my own history in my life (First time solo travel) and also first time ever dive at andaman sea (Aonang,PhiPhi Island) :). Bless for me leng Lui..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good luck, phi phi island is great place to dive.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this post. It's really helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete