Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Thailand: Krabi - Ao Nang town

To recap, my Krabi trip's plan is Krabi Town -> Koh Lanta -> AoNang. 

To choose to make AoNang the last stop because the airport is near from AoNang than Krabi Town, and i heard that AoNang is pretty much a tourist place, i guess i won't like it, 2d1n should be enough. 

The fact it is so, AoNang is really  tourist place, full of foreigner and you can hear very familiar Malaysia accent speaking in the place, the beach wasn't the best, food and drink wasn't the cheapest, but Thai people still as friendly as other part of Thailand. 

If i'd return to Krabi someday (which i guess i won't), Krabi Town still the 1st stop of choice, but i'd stay for 2 nights instead of 1, there are some temples nearby are worth to visit. Then i will plan to go to other island other than Koh Lanta, i won't say that island is bad, but that is just not my favorite. If i have more days i like to see Riley Bay, i missed this place, and back to AoNang one night before my flight. 

Alright, AoNang is not big at all, but always crowded because of beach side and lots of tourist actually transfer to other island from here. 

Below are the city map that i search from the net. 


AoNang wasn't that big, i choose to stay in the Ascot Hotel which located out of the main street (The red circle), the main street is by the seaside. Walking from my hotel to the other end just take me bout an hour plus (trust me, walking is my biggest hobby during travel), but lotsa shops, international restaurants, massage center, art gallery, travel agency along the street and alley. 

Before goes to the photos, allow me to write a little review of the hotel where i stayed, Ascot Krabi Hotel. If i have more photos, i'd write it in another post, but i was too tired escape from Koh Lanta (Read the previous post for why) and i didn't bother to take the photos. 

But Ascot Krabi Hotel is good 3 star hotel for me, very small but comfortable hotel, i pay for RM100 per night for big, bright, clean roomin 4th floor with the far sea and street view (Warn, no lift), good water pressure and hot water, air-conditional working well. 

7-11 and convenience stores, restaurant and pub just across the street, i consider that are for local from the price judgement. The location is just handy enough for me. 

From my room. 
                                             
Far sea view and main street view. 
                                            
This is the only photo that i took in the room. Well at least show the room is bright. 
                                                  
There is another story of AoNang, believes me, whenever i go travel, especially alone, there is something bad happen. I thought Koh Lanta incident is bad enough, but I met another shitty thing in AoNang. But everything turn alright in the end. 

The story is i booked the shutter bus ticket from the hotel (I learned this time) for the next day, the shuttle bus will pick me up from the doorstep of Ascot Krabi Hotel to airport the next day (Less than RM20 one way, taxi will cost you like RM50. The bus run very frequent, don't worry bout the schedule). 

But till next day, the bus wasn't come. Or its does, but forget there is a passenger waiting in the hotel. 

I was like shitttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!! Why every fucking transport in Thailand doesn't like me?!           

The receptionist, Ling (I hope i remember right) helps me to called and check, the bus is gone to next stop and she decided to take me to chase the bus, so i get on her car, and she drove me to chase the bus (damn i feel so ridiculous when typing this. haha), but the bus has gone too far, and then she decided just drop me to the airport, haha. 

I thought i will be charge, even not so i will pay her too, but Ling insisted to not take my money and she keep apologize because of the incident, although this not her fault at all, all she ask was the receipt to claim back the money from bus company. 

I still love Thailand, although the transport doesn't like me as i do, but Thai is so cute and friendly, they treat you like friend and always think for you (well, mostly). 

Story ends. Here we start the photo section. 
                          
1st lunch in AoNang. Pad Thai always my favorite 

Mini van to Krabi Town. 

Thanks for the good weather

One of the photo of the day :D

main street just 5 minute leisure walk from Ascot

Mountain and sea :D

Street to 5 star luxury hotels, located in seaside, flood by foreigner  

Beach, people walking to the pier. 

Food selling on the beach

Seaside

Frankly, the seaside is just something like Morid, not the best in Thai. 

The main street on the seaside, lots of international restaurant and foreigner, 

I'm walking to the another end of the town (refer map above)

Art gallery 


Lazy to walk another hour back, i pay rm4 to let tuk tuk take me back to hotel from the another end of the town. 

Night market on the main street by evening. 

The next day breakfast, same breakfast but price different in different location. I saw the same thing selling in seaside restaurant with RM50, while i have this in the restaurant nearby hotel its just cost me RM15. What the hell.  

Travel means so much for me. =) 

I might write a weird hostel review in the next post (if i'm not lazy), why is it weird? because i never stay there before, i just pay my visit to the place. But the place is really worth to introduce.

If i really lazy to write so, next post is about trip to Seoul and Jeju Island, Korea. There will be at least 6 posts, excluding backpacker hostel reviews.

After Korea, the next destination is Cambodia, the amaze of Angkor Wat in June =).

Don't ask me where my time and money comes from, i'm not rich at all, but when you're addict to something, you will do everything for it.

Like i say in the last photo caption, travel means so much for me.

Stay tuned la!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p/s: go click my ads! I haven't got enough money to Angkor Wat yet la!










Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
20120501, 1133am
Rach in wanna go poo mood.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Rachel!!
    I found you blog from google, now i'm looking for accomodation in te puke. Could you recommend me the landlord number :D because now im so desperate to find a good house now. please feel free to contact me made_in_paradize@hotmail.com / Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicky, i sent you a mail. Please check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! This post couldn't be written any better!
    Looking though this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He constantly kept preaching about this. I am going to
    send this information to him. Pretty sure he'll have a very
    good read. Thank you for sharing!

    Take a look at my blog post: orquesta aragon ()

    ReplyDelete