Friday, August 6, 2010

New Zealand: Kaiate - Kaiate Falls with Arti

I'm in the middle of trouble.

My application of visa extension isn't go smooth, they needs more evidence to prove i'm really want to go back to Malaysia but not earning their dollar here.

But anyway this can be solved, just wish me luck =)

Alright come back to my journey in NZ.

Artigas from Uruguay, he was working in night shift at the same packhouse as me in the packing season, while i worked in day shift, we met when we both entered to the repacking season and work on the same table, he was the stacker while i'm the repacker.

Yea, he was.

He is now in New Plymouth, 5 hours driving distance away from my place.

Before the day he leave Te Puke, we went out for the last time, visited a falls nearby Welcome Bay, then dinner and drink by the seaside, such a memorable night =)

But most of the photos with Art, he was a photographer in Uruguay and he has the better photography skills, most important is, he teased my photography skills! hmpf.


First stage fall



Very slippery yet he doesn't care.



2nd falls.



I bet this is the nice place to hang out when summer.



Nice place



In the evening



River



He captured photos of the water, i captured him to take photos of the water.



Photos taken at this moment by his camera was super nice, will post it when i got the photo.


But anyway Internet is not always available for him, i haven't got his photos yet, all the photos with him.

Well after the falls, he brought me Mate. A traditional tea for people from Uruguay, according to him, people from Uruguay drink Mate all the time, morning noon evening and night, and he insist me to try after he told me not everyone can accept the taste of Mate.



From Internet, Mate.


Well if you're interested you can search online about how to drink Mate, Art made for me and it is really really taste weird, bitter and smell like cigarette, but Art were saying this is the tea leave that famous in Uruguay, baby might not drink milk when they were born, but they must drink Mate.

Don't beat me if i were wrong, i quoted from Art =D.

Art's Mate set.



Sunset


I miss you Arti, wish to see you soon =).








Tauranga, NZ
20100806, 0105pm
Rach in goin to ski tomorrow mood!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, enjoy reading ur blog, really amazing journey u having there... just want to ask did u show ur out bound ticket as prove of evidence for ur holiday working visa extension?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Ricky, thanks for reading! Yea i did show my bound ticket as evidence for the extension, if you don't have one you may go to bank and print out your bank statement, of course you have to make sure you have got enough saving for a flight ticket. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete