Sunday, April 24, 2011

Singapore: Singapore - The town

Ok Singapore.

This is the 2nd stop of mine from NZ.

By the time i reached in Singapore was 12am, to save a night of accommodation fees, i decided to slept in the airport. So i got a quiet corner with great view and spent my first night in the airport.

I checked-in to a hostel, got a quick shower and went out, although i didn't sleep well though.

I didn't plan to go to sentosa or universal or any other theme park, not interested me at all, i love culture and color, although Malaysia and Singapore has similar culture la.

So i just walked around to get some interesting photos.








My hostel is very near with Little India, i got a map in the airport and let myself went missing in the city, afterall Singapore wasn't that big, i never worried that i will lost the direction.

Sasha agreed that Singapore has no own culture, well i don't have any comment but frankly, Singapore is really not my city. I stop by because i don't feel like goin back to Malaysia yet, and i don't have any other destination so far, that's why.

Ok too far, i wanna talk something bout culture, so i can link that to my next photo, i went to have my very first hanna.


Of course this is not something new for me la, i'm a Malaysian what.

But this is my first hanna and don't ask me why to have it here, i dont know. I passed by a stall and the girl showed me her hand, i nodded my head so i sat down and let her draw on my hand.

Not expensive though, like 5 bucks, and its last for a week.



2 things always catch my eye in my trip, culture and architecture.

Although someone tease me architect is part of the culture la.

Singapore has similar building style with Malaysia, nothing really impress or surprise me, except the flat.

Most of the flat in Singapore painted with different color, when the sun is shining those flat do look good.









Theme park and shopping never a plan in my trip, while everyone telling me that Singapore is good to shop and good place to hunt for foods.

I love food but seriously, i don't like the service attitude in Singapore, no matter how yum the food us, it will never pleased me.


I booked my flight home in the 2nd days i stayed in Singapore, i don't like Singapore, no offence, this is just not my place.

The best part is to met some good friends here and we went to club in the last night i stayed in Singapore, we had really good time in Clark Quay.




Bout accommodation, i don't like hotel (ok ok i'm not rich enough to stay in hotel!), i like hostel more because i can meet more people and cheaper, of course.

I choose footprint after read all the review on the net, reasonable price and good location (MRT station is not like in the next door, but its not far though), so i stayed in this hostel in the whole trip.

Free wifi connection, but i never ever connect successfully in the dorm room, i don't know what's the problem and i don't bother to ask. I just brought greeny to the common area to get connect.

Alternatively you can use their desktop in the kitchen area, free of charge.

Locker in the room, bring your own lock. Air-con only allow to on after 8pm (if not mistaken). And they don't allow early check-in, but you can wait in the living room anyway, like what i did.

Met friends from everywhere in this hostel, including friends from Malaysia and we met sometime in KL here now, again, the best thing to stay in hostel is to meet people and share their story.


Make your booking, not huge backpacker but warm and cozy, offer free breakfast too. Worth the money.

Alright next post, China.













Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
20110424, 0758pm
Rach in tomorrow is monday =( mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment