Saturday, April 16, 2011

New Zealand: NZ memory

I suppose to start my Singapore journey post last week, but i was too busy with my book and my features story of the press, i skipped a week without telling, but i guess you guys can guess so right?

But sorry ar, this week still NZ la XD.

Just because i was keeping my room, and i found something that i brought back from NZ and it worths to blog about.

Worth to blog for my own memories la.


This is the certificate of climbing on the world's steepest street in Dunedin, to prove you did walk up and down to the street.

But heck i tell you what, this certificate doesn't give away free, there is a shop in the beginning of the street, walk in and tell him you want a certificate, give the old man 2 bucks and you'll got one, the man doesn't care if you really did walk up and down from the street.

But seriously 2 bucks wasn't much la, as a tourist like me and you, i would really spent the 2 bucks for this certificate, just for memory.

By the way, if you wanna know more about steepest street in Dunedin, i do have a post about it.


I know this photo looks funny, ok, at least me, i look funny i know.

I get this old photo taken in Arrowtown, people say there has the richest river in NZ, because the town produce gold.

Arrowtown nearby Queenstown, if not mistaken it was like 1 hour away. And heck i suddenly remember!

THE TOWN DO NOT HAVE A PETROL STATION! THE NEAREST WAS IN QUEENSTOWN!

This is all i remember about that town. Because that day we leave from Queenstown to next destination (ok i forgot where is the next destination la!), and we decided to pass by Arrowtown to have a look, and see if there sold any cheaper petrol.

But fuck, when that time we reached Arrowtown we found no petrol station, people in i-site told us the nearest was in Queenstown, and we're too far from the next destination, i estimated 100% not enough for us to reached the next destination.

Yes, so we drove back to Queenstown for petrol.

Ok la what-so-ever la, we walked for a while in this town but fuck i remember that day was raining and i leave my camera in the car because i don't want to wet it. So i let Ju and Aston to take photo.

And i forgot to get the photo for them.....

=.=

So this is the reason why i forgot about this town and there is no blog about it.

ok for what i remember, the Arrowtown river is one of the shooting place for the movie of hmmm... The Lord of the Ring? Yea if not mistaken la, the place was the river side, you can miss it because billboard everywhere. =.=

A very nice candy shop, you will turn to 5 years old when you get in there.

Countless of gold shop, but i don't have money for it wtf.

Some and old little town, very good to have a nice walk.

Oh damn i forget about the photo above, i get this photo in the lower ground floor of I-site, 20 bucks per photo taking and clothes and all that. I pay that for my mates to take this photo with me. Just for memories la.

P/s: I shouldn't smile, like how Ju react so i will look like women from last century wtf.


And the next thing, my birthday card from Cat.

Nothing much to say bout this, she knows, and i knows. =)

But this card was making by Prof. Chan, a prof from Taiwan, he gave up everything he has and came to NZ, get a piece of land, build his own home, grow vege and flower by the river side. He makes 3D cards like this and sold it in Sunday market.

We met each other from Jess and Elsa, and become very good friend after that. Love the card he makes, he put lots of effort in making it.

Last but not least. The farewell card from Bill and Johanna, my neighbour in Motueka, very lovely old couple staying quietly in the town.

Johanna was the English teacher for Elsa and Cat, i was the interpretor between Elsa, Cat and Johanna, although i don't speak good English, but its pretty enough to have conversation with them.

Bill used to talking to me, and showing off his Bahasa, he was born in Indo and later move to Netherland, met Johanna and later move to NZ.

The day before i leave, Bill and Johanna want me to go over for tea, i brought June together because she comes to see me. And Johanna handed me this card before i had to go home and packed my stuff.

Cant never ever forget she told me that how much Bill and her will miss me, wet my eyes.

The biggest different between travelling and backpacking was you will get more time to build more memorable relationship with local people, and those memory will brighten your journey.













Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
20110416, 1023am
Rach in ha-chiu mood.

4 comments:

  1. I like that classic photo wei, regret didn't take it last time =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. you pay me la, i sell mine to you, so you can see the classic me everyday! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I read all your blog post on NZ and I really like it. Well Done!!

    ReplyDelete