Wednesday, June 16, 2010

New Zealand: Papamoa Hills - Lets HIKE!

My son Willy aka Williem and his partner Hoe (nana kick my ass blerk!) are leaving from Te Puke soon (Now, they're already gone, yes another late update). The few days before they leave, we planned an outing to Papamoa Hills, the hiking place which so near with us, yet we never been there.







Papamoa Hills is so near with where we're staying right now, we always want to go hiking but always delay it to visit some place that farer, like Hamilton (And yea i regret to been there actually).

We make it this time before after this, we have no chance to go hiking together, Will and Hoe are continue their journey to the north, then go to south, this might be the last chance for goin out together.

Well, we be there by 2pm, don't think we're crazy that we hiked at the afternoon, i'm in NZ and the sun in afternoon is not hot at all, we were all cold and with jacket on actually.



In the jungle



Not scary but amaze



The path



Look out point



Great feel



My son and I :D


I never expected that Papamoa Hills is such a good place to go, i mean i have been hiked on so many mountain and hill, but Papamoa Hills is the best, good scenes and very comfortable walk way.

All you can see from the peak is sea, mountain and sky, but not city, not car, not factory, this is just amazing, like the sea and sky were together, the mountain never end. I just love this hill.


Thank Hoe for the photo!



Will, Jack, Tien and Sun



I love this, love the angle i found



You will never see how great of the view from the photo, but i do, i been there =)


Half way hike to the peak, Yee felt unwell and she decided to go down hill and wait for us, and Jack, Tien and Sun decided to take another walk way to go to peak, while Will, Hoe and I take another walkway.

So the photos below just the scene of my walkway but not the whole papamoa hills, in fact, there are few walkways to lead to the peak, you can spend up to half day in goin through all the walkway, the one i picked took me 2 hours to complete the hiking.


We saw the peak!



sky, and sky only


Mountain and mountain



the white dot is sheep!



Sun light



Step to let us get over



3 of us grabbing the sheep


Strong wind chill when we reached the peak, the wind so strong that can blow us my Xiao P cover and i nearly lost it!

I regret to bring only one thin jacket but not the wind proof jacket :(


Never get bored to seeing all these view



The PEAK!



the way down



see the 3 dots? They're Sun, Tien and Jack!



Dead body found on the peak


Favorite of the day! Xiao P captured this!



Will and Hoe, good bye my friend



Housemate and the blogger, only Yee wasn't here


Great walky walky with my housemates, well, ex-housemate for now. Really happy to meet you guys here, and thanks for everything and anything that you 2 have done for me, also the forgiveness for my siao-ness in the house. I miss you guys A LOT!

Take good care, and we shall meet again someday, in some place =)

p/s: Jodi called me today and i GOING BACK TO WORK TOMORROW! Thanks God! Hope everything goes smooth, as same to my beloved friends in NZ, or worldwide.






Tauranga, NZ
20100616, 1201pm
Rach in very cold mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment