Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Taiwan with Jess

Ok c'mon x 2!

I knew my last post is very cin cai, but just think from my side, although i'm in Taiwan but the whole week i was like tired like hell, i'm working but not enjoying, i did experienced something new but hell my mind don't have extra space for those la, all stuffed with work and work and work.

Ok right the week i departed from Malaysia, i had a conversation with my boss:

Me: Boss, i would like to take extra 2 or 3 days in Taiwan after work, my cousin sister was there and i plan to travel around, and celebrate my birthday there as well.
Boss: hmm.. ok Rachel, although we go there for a week and everyone know we will used the whole week for work, but actually we do have our own time, you don't need to take extra leaves actually.
Me: but i need a break and i told my cousin i would go jalan-jalan with her, and its my birthday..
Boss: Yes yes yes i know, i guarantee you have time to speed with your cousin k? You understand right, we're in great busyness during December, just cant afford to let go man power la..
Me: ok..

Frankly i don't really believe the "guarantee" thing, i kept asking for the itinerary for the working trip, boss just gave me very brief one, and told me the whole Saturday SHOULD is all mine. Alright, so i date Jess to meet in Saturday..

BUT!!!!

Unforturnately my sense is damn right, 2 days before Saturday my boss told me there is an interview appointment in 12 noon, oh how great! Luckily Jess has exam and only reached Taipei by 1 or 2pm, i thought i should can reached the hotel and meet Jess latest by 3pm too. So fine, i work.

BUT!!!!!

The people came late, interview start late, and we have to go around for the photo shooting, when i saw the time its already 230pm!! With Jess missed call and message, i was like super panic, how can i leave my little cousin waiting for me alone in Taipei.

I quickly jumped on the taxi got back my boss home and took my luggage, then take taxi to the hotel i made reservation with, reached there by 4 something, so Jess had waited for me about 2 hours!

Fu*k the "The whole Saturday time SHOULD be yours!"

This is the sentence i keep scolding in my heart when i rushed to see Jess. I just no energy to think what my boss and the company owe me (Don't forget how many off days i leave, and the last Friday was public holiday, yet i'm WORKING! I don't even claim any, just what for? claim back replacement leave but never get replace.)

Ok, come back here first. Stepped in the hotel with 8 bags. Yes, EIGHT BAGS!!! This is another story, its about work too, maybe i'll tell later. Go forward the receiption and make payment, i just too busy to call Jess, planned after i check in only call Jess.

Then Jess suddenly appear beside me :D, she found the hotel and have no where to go, so she waited me in the hotel lobby (sorry Jess!)

Check in kelam-kabut, finally! I got my own times, but its already 5pm, my flight is next day 820am, i have to get up and go to airport by 550am, so my very own time in Taiwan was, 12 hours, including sleeping time.

AGAIN!!

Fu*k the "The whole Saturday time SHOULD be yours!"

While i trying to calm myself down, see pictures dulu.






Thank you very much to Sophia, the TaiPei county PR who served the media from oversea for booked me the hotel in very cheap price.

The very last minute i found out i will be free in Saturday and Jess will come over and stay with me in Xin Zhu, the southern part of Taiwan, so instead of disturbing my boss, i decided to find a hotel room for a night stay.

But all hotel in TaiPei is darn expensive, the range like 3000 - 6000 NTD for the normal standard and its in the city centre. Of coure there are some cheaper one but far from city centre and not convenience for me to go to airport the next day.

So Sophia came to me and i just ask if she knows any cheap hotel available in the city centre, then she told me her department has some contract with hotels in TaiPei, they offers up to 50% discount if government invited guest from oversea. She said shouldn't has problem to find me a cheap one.

The next day she calls over and said she found one with 2450 NTD room in the city centre, i quickly said yes and asked for booking, this is the cheapest one among the others i tried to find before.

Until the time i check in into the hotel (Forward Hotel, pm me if you want to know the location, or just search online), i just found out the original price of the room is 5500 NTD! This is more than 50%!!

Very comfortable and modern room as you can see from the picture.

BUT!!!!

When 2 girls get into the room, the tidyness of the room can only remain like.. maybe 15 minutes. Unbelievable? Believe it. See the picture below.


hahahahahahahahahaha can you see the power of girl! Jess we owe the same germ la!!
Then Jess processed to the toilet photo shooting section.




I love their loop and bathroom design, very classic, clean and hightech! How hightech just link to Jessica's blog, its in the bloglist of right handside, she described and has more photos there.
So after mess up the room, make up, dress up, before going out, what else important than photo shooting?


For your information, Taiwan is having short day time because they're entering to winter now. Basically the day turns dark by 5 something, the mosquitor glasses we did wear out, but very quickly we took it off, tak boleh nampak la!
First we go to Wu Fen Pu, the place which selling cloths fashion everything la, the youngster gatherine place. Once we reached by MRT, we first go for our dinner.




We took the light dinner, 2 people share a bowl of minced pork rice (Lu Rou Fan) that very very famous local food in Taiwan, you could find it everywhere in Taiwan. I specially love the rice, that isn't the long rice we used to eat but the round rice, a.k.a the japan sushi rice la.
After dinner then we stepped in to the war place. Shopping.



I'm way too busy to take photo, just cin cai took one before we entered to the war place, the next 6 hours (Yes, we shopped for 6 hours) we were way too busy to take out the photo and snap! But frankly i didn't buy much la, not in the mood for shopping la, but everything were simply interesting, including the people, the foods and drinks, the design, the attitude, its totally different and new for me.

I guess i will open another post for those interesting thingy later, but now just let me continue the post first.

Done shopping in Wu Fen Pu, then we headed to Shi Lin Ye Shi (Shi Lin night market), which is the famous and must-go place when you go to Taiwan.

The main purpose for goin there of course is makan la.








This is the interesting and silly thing that i must blog it out.
See the photo above, with the long Q and hell lot of candy and biscuit? That is a big crowd when we passed by there, so saw everyone holding the plastic bag and choose the biscuit or candy they wanted, and those thingy which is very rare in Malaysia.

Jess and I aren't into snack actually, but the crowd make us walk in and get a plastic bag for each of us, then start picked the snack we want, and we were very happy!

Yes, we were happy UNTIL we paid, and walked out from the shop, Jess got 300 NTD of candy and biscuit, i got 120 NTD, and we don't know why we bought that much!!!

Jess:
Jie, i feel like sor po (crazy women)
Me: I feel the same, why we spend so many to buy such thing har?
Jess: Don't know oo..
Me: ok, then.. forget it la..

The we simpan the few packs of candy and biscuit, happily go shop for other makanan again.

And you know what, i don't even have chance to eat a single piece of the biscuit or candy, because i LEAVE IN THE HOTEL!!!!!

Ok la i purposely leave la, i remembered once i step out, but i malas turn back and take, so i leave it all to Jess :D.

Shop shop shop until 12 something, we decided to take teksi, luckily the hotel wasn't far from the city centre, soon we reach and we start makan!
While we were in the night market, i would want to try everything, because everything seem new to me, but i refused to try smelly tofu (Chou Tou Fu), althought i knew this is the famous in Taiwan, i just cant put the tofu with smell of sh*t (sorry! i really feel so!) into my mouth!

BUT!!!!

Unfortunately, Jess loves it very much, she didn't care i said i would even taste a little bit, she buy still, she insist want me to try.

Until we got back to hotel, start makaning and we forgot about the smelly tofu, i cari cari other thing and found the pack of smelly tofu, so i just naturally said: Jess, your smelly tofu le...

Then she OOOOOOOO!!!

So i sense what gonna happen then i hide in the bath room, no matter how she describe the tastyness of the smelly thingy.

Jess:
Jie, try one first, you will love it one (Slowly unpack the tofu)
Me: Bu yao! (Don't want!)
Jess: You try one, only one la.. (She got the stick and get one tofu, taking it out from the plastic bag)
Me: Don't want, you finish all, i don't want.. Dont force..
Jess: YERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
Me: What happend?? (Jump out from the bathroom)

Then i saw Jess holding her nose and throw the tofu far from her.

Jess:
I never ever never ever smell such funky smelly tofu!!
Me: hahahahhahahah
Jess: I don't want to eat too.. Don't know really got put sh*t inside or not..
Me: Hahahahhahahaha
Jess: Jie, i throw ar..
Me: You throw, throw throw throw!

So we play play play, pack luggage then take bath and go to bed already 2, near 3 something, i have to get up by 530am, and got myself ready and take taxi to airport.

I leave few words to Jess because she was asleep still, get all the bags (6 bags, yes SIX bags) check it, pay for the overweight luggage (7kg overweight, yes SEVEN kg) then wait in the lounge.

Use a little time here to explain, my own luggage was 10kg something when i come to taiwan, the extra 17kg wasn't my thing AT ALL, not even single things AT ALL!

Yes i bought 5 hell heavy books, but i just hand carry it, the 2 check in luggages were all the foods sample for WORK!

I'm alone, a girl, who suffering the shoulder and left ankle ache, carried 1 olive oil, 2 alcohols, 5 glasses of sauces, countless of foods sample, all stuffed into my luggage, i even spaced all my clothes and all my personal belonging and hand carried it just for all these damn things. Damn i was feel like i'm some kind of lorry or something like that that moment.

So the consequence is, my got my left ankle muscle sprained again, i got both shoulder ache, and i paid for the overweigth charge (but can claim back la).

I don't deny i emphasize this over here for complaining, just after all these i really feel tired and dissapointed for what i had paid for, i didn't get the return that i suppose to get.

Ok fine, i better stop this.

Luckily i been arranged to Business class, very comfortable seat and i slept for very refreshin2 hours nap there (i lacked of sleep almost the whole week)


Impressed by China Airline, comfortable seat, good service and very friendly people. I feel like i real like a VIP especially they address me as Ms. Rachel or Ms. Chew without telling them in advice, of course they checked the passager list la, but i appreciated the service and smile.

Strongly recommand China Airline althought the business class is slight expensive, total RM 5500 round trip, from Kuala Lumpur to Taiwan, and of course i'm not the one who pay la, but Taiwan government la.

Hahaha.. ok sleepy, ciao. :D






Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
20091202, 1029pm
Rach in still lack of sleep mood.

1 comment: