Friday, April 16, 2010

Yoyo with flat battery =(

I took long time to think if i want to update my blog or not, i just too tired and i don't have enought photos to support my post.

I told you guys i will continue the place i staying now right? I told you guys that the owner of the cottage owning a mountain right, the whole mountain only have 3 houses, and a barn, was the game house of her children.

2 houses stayed by the onwer and one of her son, another cottage rent for us and the barn rent for the other backpackers.

I love the barn and the caravan outside of the house personaly, but we happy with the cottage too.

So the 2nd part of the place that i staying is bout the barn.

Failed to capture the barn, only got the caravan.



The classic bar inside the barn


The hall of the barn


Sun and Mei Yee


Sun with the picture i love very much


Mei Yee with another wall with a lot of photos


And a cat fro no where


See i said i don't have much photos to support the post! The decoration of the barn is fantastic! A lot of old stuff and its really really nice. Since there is some Agentina and Spanish staying in the barn, i just cant sneak in and take photo, well, perhaps later when i get closer with them :p.

Ok now bout Yoyo.
We got Yoyo with 1700NZD, everything in the car is nice but we know too later about car, we just check the very basic thing about car before got the car.

So we ignore about the battery.

And our car's battery was flat when we're in rush to see the cottage for the first time.

But the owner of the cottage is really really nice, she helps use to borrow the jumper and charge the car. Oh yea, by the way her name is Gael, very nice lady. Will got her photo and post here soon :D.

So the husband of Gael called Dough, Dough owns a work shop (Yea they're damn rich!) and borrow us the battery charger while we're waiting the work shop to re-open after the Easter day.

So finally, the work shop that Dough recommend is Repco, a car spare part store in Te Puke.



Yea, car spare part store, just sell spare part, we can get the battery, but they'll not change for you.

And i have no idea how to change the idiot battery.

Boss: We're not suppose to touch car, my lady.
The Blogger: but i've no idea at all..

He's looking at me, and i looking at him.

15 seconds later.

Boss: Ok young lady, let's do this before my boss catch me.
=D

People here are soooooooooooooooo nice!

And hey, he's not available, coz he's an uncle, old one, like below.



Right after the nice uncle change the battery, someone called him and he leave us with saying

"Oh i'm in trouble!" with a big smile on her face still.

And he gave me a very good discount, 120NZD, with 3 years warrantly.

This is the cutest part of NZ-ian and i love it very much!

Ok, tomorrow about my work, or hot spring water trip, huh? hehe









Te Puke, NZ
20100416, 0907pm
Rach in shoulder ache mood.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    My name is Thao from Vietnam. I am currently in Auckland and plan to move to Te Puke in March and make a try at the packhouse you worked before. Can you please tell me how much you pay for the accomodation weekly over there? I know it's different now but I just want to have an estimation. Thank you, I find your blog is very interesting :). Look forward to your reply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Thao.

    If you read my blog, i actually stay out of the town in Welcome Bay (20 minutes driving to the packhouse), my rent per week is NZD95 including everything (some place charge for the electric and water separately), i consider very good deal because 5 friends of mine share a cottage with 3 rooms, just check my blog with the title of "welcome bay cottage".

    As in town, during 2010, homestay usually charge NZD100-120/person (they charge in person but not room). But i believe the price will be different now.

    Good luck =)

    ReplyDelete