Saturday, October 10, 2009

Baking :D

Weekend again, and i was alone again.

So hmm, except kill my time by cleaning my room, i found the recipe of dessert in my book shelf..

I have 2 whole wall of books, this is one of the wall only :D
(My life ambition is to make my home like a library!)

Just to show its not easy to find a particular book in the wall of books, i accidently found the long lost recipe, so i decided to bake something for this lovely weekend.

I don't like cake much, i prefer cookie or pudding (that's the reason why i named my doggie as Cookie and Pudding!), but i feel like to bake something else, so i decided to go for some bread.

Sweet bread is the most basic bread baking, simple ingredients but this is not easy to bake it well. I baked this few times before, only success 2 or 3 times, its either too sticky or too hard, has to be very careful with the warm water pouring inside the dough. This is the key to make successful bread dough.

Get ready to BAKE!



The ingredients


Just mix all the ingredients well, fold and punch the dough few times to knead the dough. But this is not easy, because after warm water pouring in , the dough became very very sticky, you can hardly mix it well, just have to be very patient stir by hands.

after knead the dough looks smooth, cover with plastic wrap for 20-25 minute fo risen up to oubled in size


The done dough


The sticky dough on the hand


Ghosty me :D


Taken by Mummy Chew

To check if the dough is well risen, look at the dough inside, if it look slike net inside means it well done.

slike net inside

Slice the dough into few cubes, set aside for risen again for a while, place them on the tray and set 35-38 c in the oven and put a tray of hot water below it for 20 minutes to rise AGAIN!



Take it out ad brush egg mixture on them, and bake for another 15 minute with 180c.



Was so nervous to see if the bread baked success or not, Mummy Chew keeps on saying it must fail because the sliced cubes too large of our home oven, but....


tata~!


Yea its look ugly..


But at least success!


soft and tender!

The bread might look ugly but its definately yummy!!! soft and tender and it smell so nice, i love the smell of baking in home, make so warmy :P.

Although Mummy Chew isn't show her impressive face at all la, she just saying if good if add more sugar. Well, she managed to finish 2 of the breads, i assume she likes the bread.
Mummy Chew
Jeff and Yenny went out, Babby Chew is in the work, will let them try my baking and post their comment up here soon :P.

Oh yea! Cookie and Pudding love my bread too! they want more after i feed the some, haha lovely!

I just wonder, if my home has a bigger oven, i can bake more and something complicated. The one i have at home just for simple cookie or muffin or bread, so....

I swear i want a professional oven in my own house! LOL





Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
20091010, 0345pm
Rach in baking mood.

2 comments:

  1. You dont 38 and dream lar

    got bigger oven u will ignore it liao..
    even give u a 'OWEN" also u dont use it.. blek~~

    (gets angry coz never give zoe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. who said ar! got big oven i will roasted you! hmpf! you give me one see see.. blerkk...

    (doesn't give zoe one coz she is AWAY FROM KUALA LUMPUR!)

    ReplyDelete